My Top Ten in 2018
It was a full year, a big one, for me. A Master of Arts degree, a new book, travel and film projects. I'm so grateful for the opportunities given and seized.
Overall, my writing year was an exciting one. Here are some highlights:
Andrew's Top Ten
10. The creative inspiration Vancouver Island provided during a summer visit to my brother's neck of the woods. (Some of it appears in my new book).
9. Joining A Better World Canada's youth leadership conference to talk about the importance of addressing injustice through the arts.
8. Early positive feedback and recognition for my new screenplay Delft Blue - a passion project of mine. (The story is loosely based on family history and is set during the Nazi occupation of Holland during World War II).
7. An invitation to visit the set of the Kendrick Brothers' new film in Georgia and the resulting trip with Matt and Dan.
6. Reaching new audiences in the USA + Canada through my gig as an official Skit Guys author.
5. Accepting the New Filmmakers Award with my brothers Matt and Dan in Nashville at the 2018 ICVM conference.
4. Bringing She Has A Name to new audiences through a new digital distribution deal and seeing the film continue to win awards and play at film festivals around the globe.
3. Completing my Master of Arts degree in English with a specialization in Transitional Justice and Post-Conflict Reconstruction. *Say that ten times in a row...
1. The daily joys of family life, health and the love of God in our home. (Nothing trumps this! Can I still use that word?)
From my family to yours, I wish you all the very best in 2019 and hope you have a Merry Christmas.
Thanks for being part of my writing life by visiting my website. I hope we connect again.